How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 770
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

Please I need some advice on my current situation. I

This answer was rated:

Hello, please I need some advice on my current situation. I am EU citizen (Latvian), I live and work full time in UK since 2012. My fiancé lives in Germany, he is originally from Ghana. He is seeking asylum in Germany, but his case hasn't come through yet.
I visit him in Germany once in a month, we want to get married and live together in UK because I have got good job here.
Please any steps you would advise us to take. He is restricted from traveling.
I am more than happy to provide additional info.
Many thanks
Hello Thank you for your enquiry. Please note that an EU citizen engaging in a the relevant economic activity in the UK is regarded as a qualified person. The relevant activities are as a jobseeker, a worker, a self-employed person, a self-sufficient person or a student. If you are resident in the UK and engaged in any of the above activity, you would be regarded as exercising your EU Treaty Rights in UK and on that basis family members including your unmarried partner can join you in the UK. However the burden is upon you and your partner to provide the Home Office with the evidence to show that you are engaged in one of the activities above to support an application for a UK family permit under EU regulations. This permit will allow your partner to join you in the UK. However as you are unmarried to your partner, his application will be subjected to detailed examination. Therefore you should ensure you provide sufficient evidence to show that your relationship is genuine and subsisting for at least 2 years. I hope this answers your question. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your replay. Just want to ask again to make it clear.
If we get married in Germany and after that apply for UK family permit, will my husband have rights to work in UK?
I am happy to answer further questions when the first has been rated.
frantzgregory and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please will you answer my question above.Thank You
HelloFamily members of an EU national exercising treaty rights in the UK are able to work in the UK.