How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 770
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

I am a refugee in uk and my 5 years leave to remain will

Customer Question

I am a refugee in uk and my 5 years leave to remain will finish on march 2017, my fiancé is UK citizen and we have been together for 4 years, I was married in my Original country and I became asylum seeker because of my x husband, I don't have any news about him and my marriage status in my country because I am not in touch since I left my country ! I even don't know he divorced me or not? I want to start new life with my fiancé in uk , do I need divorce paper to remarry in uk? what will happen if I could not provide divorce papers from original country ?I can not travel there and my x husband must not find out where I live, how can I get marry again here??
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you for your enquiry.Unfortunately you cannot get married in the UK until you have divorced your husband. You do not have to travel to your original country to get divorced in the UK. You should seek advice from a family solicitor in the UK to begin the process.