How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7672
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

I am Romanian and I got married with a Indian citizen. We

This answer was rated:

Hi.I am Romanian and I got married with a Indian citizen. We met in the UK two years ago and both are in India now.we want to go back to UK but we don't know wich is the right visa for him or family permit.I'm working in the UK for more then 4 years but haven't got UK resident card yet.can you advice us what to do?thank you
Hi, Just to confirm, you have been living in the UK for the past 4 years, correct?Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.She will have to apply for and obtain an EEA family permit in order to secure her right to remain in the UK to work. She will need to apply for it before she can travel and must submit the appropriate documentation to the UK embassy closest to her:- Once she has come to the UK on her family permit she will be eligible to apply to the UKBA for a residence card which confirms her right of residence in the UK on the basis of your marriage:- An EEA residence card is for non-eea nationals to apply for, not eea nationals already here working. EEA nationals already here working can – if they want (it is not a requirement – apply for a registration certificate to prove beyond a doubt they have the right to wortk in the UK: However, it is not a requirement that you – as the eea national – must hold a registration certificate in order for your wife to apply fro her EEA family permit and she is free to apply for it now and provided you submit the normal appropriate evidence of your marriage and you working in the UK then she should be successful. My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question. Kind regards,Tom
Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you