How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 34895
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am British and am planning to retire and return to England

Customer Question

I am British and am planning to retire and return to England with my South Korean wife of 19 years next year. Will she get an automatic visa? Both our children, with British passports, will be in English universities. I live in Singapore and have been away from England since 1982, working in China, Hong Kong, Australia, Sri Lanka and Singapore. Nick Macfie
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.I am afraid that there is no Automatic visa entitlement.Your wife will have to apply for a Spouse visa.You will need to meet the financial eligibility criteria and she will need to pass the English Language test.More details here ask if you need further details