How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 770
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

I am a UK citizen presently living in New Zealand, I am

This answer was rated:

I am a UK citizen presently living in New Zealand, I am married to a non-European. I am in receipt of a work pension and a UK war disablement pension totalling 16,400 pounds pa.
I wish to live back in the UK with my wife. We have rent free accommodation in England.
I know the financial requirement is 18,600 pounds. I have seen appendix FM 1.7 Financial Requirements dated August 2015 pages 14 and 15
Where the applicant’s partner is in receipt of any of the following benefits or allowances in the UK, the applicant will be able to meet the financial requirement at that application stage by providing evidence of “adequate maintenance” rather than meeting an income threshold:
• Constant Attendance Allowance, Mobility Supplement or War Disablement Pension under the War Pensions Scheme.
Please inform me if I am able to obtain a settlement visa through this section?
HelloThank you for your enquiry.If you are in receipt of a War Disablement Pension under the War Pension Scheme, you would be exempt from meeting the financial requirement under Appendix FM. You would be eligible to sponsor your wife to join you in the UK to settle if all the other requirements are met.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for being so prompt. Please can you inform me of the 'other requirements' to make the matter clear.
Many thanks
Sure.Your wife will need to meet the English language requirement, suitability requirements which relates to criminality, deception and owing money to the NHS. You will also need to show your relationship is genuine and subsisting and that you have adequate accommodation in the UK for yourself, your wife and any dependents.
frantzgregory and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Frantz, you have been very helpful
You welcome
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Frantz, FM 1.7, 3.6. Meeting the financial requirement through "adequate maintenance"
I recieve about 1,370 pounds a month (after tax) from my work and War Pensions. I will not have to pay rent or council tax in the UK as we will live in my mother's house. I can produce bank statements and a letter from my mother to these affects. Will this be concidered adequate maintenance ?
Thank you in advance
Hi JohnI have known less amount to be adequate. I hope this helps.