How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7673
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

Sir, I have been living in Israel years, but now I would

This answer was rated:

Hello sir,
I have been living in Israel for many years, but now I would like to move to live in Britain, my birth place. My children (4 boys and 1 girl) and I have a British nationality, so I would like to know what procedures should I do to facilitate my moving to settle in the UK?


Do you and your children all have UK passports?

Do you have a spouse/partner that would also be moving with you? If so, please also state their nationality and what passport they hold..


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my children do have the British nationality. My spouse doesn't have it, but he wants to move with me. His nationality is Jordanian.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How does that help?


Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.

If you and the children have UK passports then you can simply enter the UK when you like and settle permanently here. You would have to apply for a nationality insurance number once you arrive so that you can start work but that is easily done.

If your spouse is Jordanian then they would only be able to come with you once they have applied for and obtained a spouse visa.

The webpage on spouse visas is here:

The eligibility criteria is here:-

If the application is well prepared and you meet the following eligibility criteria then it will make the application easy and quick to decide upon for the UKBA. To be eligible, you must show:-

  • you and your partner are both aged 18 or over at the date of application;
  • your partner is a British Citizen, or is present and settled in the UK, or is here with refugee leave or humanitarian protection;
  • your partner is not related to you in a way that means you could not marry in UK law;
  • you and your partner have met in person;
  • your relationship with your partner is genuine and subsistingif you are married or in a civil partnership, your marriage or civil partnership is valid in UK law;
  • if you are not married or in a civil partnership you have been living with your partner in a relationship akin to marriage or civil partnership for at least 2 years prior to the date of the application;
  • you meet the suitability requirements
  • any previous relationship has permanently broken down (this does not apply to certain polygamous relationships);
  • you and your partner intend to live together permanently in the UK;
  • You must meet the financial requirement:-
  • This means that the UK based spouse must earn a minimum income threshold of £18,600. Alternatively, if you have savings of £62, 500.00 then you would not have to prove any salary. You can also use a mix of the two.
  • You would also have to show that you meet the English language requirement:-

He will need to apply for settlement (ie. spouses visa) by using form VAF4A Settlement, but the application is actually made online. I would strongly recommend instructing a UK based solicitor before she makes the application. They will draft the application for you, as well as advise you on the adequacy of the fairly extensive supporting documentation that you would have to submit with your spouse’s application.

You can find Uk immigration solicitors through the following Law Society Website search engine:-

The visa will be granted for a period of 33 months. He will have to apply for further leave to remain at the end of this time. He can apply for indefinite leave to remain once he has been here for 5 years. After that he can apply to be naturalised as a UK citizen.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.

Kind regards,


Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you