How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 770
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

I'm an American applying citizenship in Britain and with

This answer was rated:

I'm an American applying for dual citizenship in Britain and with having to send my passport it says it can take up to 6 months to process. We have holidays booked as well as I want my passport at hand in case my 89 year old mum needs me for anything. How do I apply as well as be able to travel?
HelloThank you for your enquiry.If you are required to send your American passport then there is little else you can do. The premium service is not available for citizenship application.The Nationality Checking Service (NCS) may be able to assist you without the need to submit your passport. NCS is run by local councils. You will need to check with them to confirm.
frantzgregory and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you