How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 830
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

My wife needs to apply next stage of her visa in the UK-

Customer Question

My wife needs to apply for the next stage of her visa in the UK- further leave to remain. I'm aware that the new rule to take another English test (A2) does not apply to us as it will not be a requirement until October 2016. Does she need to take any other English test?in order to meet the requirements of the next visa application. She has taken the A1 test initially when she first applied.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.


If your wife has already passed the A1 test she would not need to take any other English test. The new A2 requirement does not apply to your wife's case unless her application for extension is made after October 2016.