How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 0
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My name is Rabhia, I am a UK national who married a

Customer Question

My name is***** am a UK national who married a Pakistani national in the UK in June 2011.
The relationship ended in 2014, when I moved out of family home because of his unreasonable behavior towards me & two injections by the court were granted.
I have been pursuing divorce since 2014 and he was finally served personally in May this year.
I have written many times to the home office regarding our separation and informed them that we are no longer living together and received no response.
He has made many threats against me and I have taken them seriously and as a preventive measure left the country to work abroad, because the Police said they could not protect me from him and the courts would not grant another injuction.
He claims he has lived in the Uk for ten years prior to being married to me, but in 2014 he was granted Leave to remain, on the basis of being married to me.
I do not wish him to be able to apply for British citizenship based on our
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

Do you need to have nay further contact with your ex at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None, the only person who has any contact with him my solicitor.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

So you have no need to see him as and when you return to the UK?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't need to see him, but I need to prevent him from living close to me and harassing me and my family .
He has been made threats that he would attack me if I ever left him and now he lives close to my family house and there has been two attacks on my parents property .
I need to be protected from a manic who is violent and need to know what can I do as a pre emative measure.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

When was the last attack on your family home?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Around May 10th 2016
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Was it reported to the police?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just received a crime number
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

My apologies for the delay

What other housing options doe she have - who does he currently live with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No idea, I believe he was renting
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

So he has no need to stay in the area at all?

When do you intend to return to the UK?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
next Saturday (11th June )
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

For good? (no reason why not, just checking)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
From the summer, June to August, working overseas mainly due to not feeling safe living in my home town
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Has the Decree Nisi been granted?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Decree NISI has finally been signed by him and when I return to the uk will be signed by me so it can go to the courts.