How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 967
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

I am sponsoring my friend who is an Indian citizen to visit

Customer Question

Hi there - I am sponsoring my friend who is an Indian citizen to visit the uk for a holiday. I am just gathering up all my documents now but I am unsure of whether I need to get some kind of certified letter and if I do who is it certified by and what should it say??
thanks for your help,
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 3 years ago.


Thank you for your enquiry.

What you may be better getting instead is an affidavit sworn before a commissioner for oaths or a solicitor. The content should mirror the content of your letter and the visitors visa requirements tailored to your circumstances. The affidavit must be true and genuine.