How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7676
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

Just need help confirming which visa route I need to apply

This answer was rated:

Just need help confirming which visa route I need to apply for. I'm currently in the uk on a work visa (Tier 2 General). My partner and I got married and I'd like to switch to a spousal visa. I've filled in the FLR (M) application - just wanted to check if this is the correct form/route?
Thank you.


Is your partner a UK citizen, or foreign national holding indefinite leave to remain?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,He's a UK citizen since birth.


Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.

Yes, that is absolutely correct. You would have to apply using form FLR(M) because you are already in the UK and you wish to apply for leave to remain on the basis that you are a spouse married to a UK national.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.

Kind regards,


Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you