How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 827
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

Who married to a British citizen since March 2010 and we

This answer was rated:

I am Egyptian who married to a British citizen since March 2010 and we have a 4 years old son who is British as his dad and I had a spouse visa since October 2012 to January 2015 and unfortanetly it ended while I was in Egypt after about month of leaving the uk then I was in Egypt for 6 months and I apply for another spouse visa on June 2015 and accepted from June 2015 to March 2018 so I traveled to the uk on July 2015 until now but I traveled in a separat holidays to other countries which are 40 days and now I have two questions
First : How many days allowed to travel out the uk through this period as I want to take the British citizen like my husband and son
Second : when can I apply to take the ILR and what's the preparation that I have to do to take the citizenship as soon as possible ?
Many thanks and sorry for bothering


Thank you for your enquiry

The required residence period is 270 days over 3 years period. Although there is no longer a requirement to make the UK your permanent home, you must meet the requirement of good character, English language and knowledge of life in the UK.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HelloSorry for bothering you with all these dates and informations , sorry I just want to understand .
I stayed 18 months outside the Uk while having My first spouse visa 10/2012 - 1/2015 so I couldn't apply for ILR at this time and I applied for a new spouse visa 6/2015 - 3/2018
And from this new date I stayed for 5 weeks out the uk until now as I am now in Egypt and i supposed to come back to London after 1 month, so if there are no problems about the allowed period to stay out the UK I'll come after month .. I want to know when can I apply for ILR .. Can I apply from now as
I stayed in the Uk from 10/2010 to 9/2011 ( 2 connected 6 months family visits ) and stayed 8 months while my first spouse visa 10/2012 - 1/2015
And stayed 10 months while my second and last spouse visa 7/2015 - 5/2016 ( will end at 2018 )
Now you have all my informations about staying in the UK .. What is the solution ? .. Can I apply now for the ILR or when ? I know that I can't take the British citizenship without taking the ILR for 1 year .. Right ? I Need your help, your kindly answer ASAPMany thanks,

The requirement is 3 year continious residence. Continious residence is generally broken for absences of more than 6 months.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to wait another 2 years until the end of my spouse visa at 2018 to apply for the ILR , right ?
Then wait 1 year ILR to apply for the citizenship?

I have already addressed your questions. Please rate.

frantzgregory and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you