How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 833
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

I am trying to aplly resident card.I would like to know if

This answer was rated:

HI I am trying to aplly for permanent resident card.I would like to know if unpaid maternity leave whilst still being in employment will count towards five years qualifying period for obtaining it.I've changed the employer whilst I was pregnant that's why I wasn't qualified for Statuatory Maternity Pay but was receiving Maternity Allowance and was still employed and went back after year to the same position.I haven't had any breaks in my employment otherwise and have been working continuosly for 6 years .I am Polish and have arrived here in 2009.Have been working since 02.2010 till 08.2011 for one employer and then started another job in 08.2011.I gave birth in January 2012 and been on unpaid maternity leave for one year then went back to work and still working for the same employer till now .I have my WRC registretion.Thank you.


Thank you for your enquiry.

Continuity of residence is not broken for maternity leave not exceeding 12 months.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I need to prove that during this time I was still in Uk I was receiving Maternity Aloowance will it be enough evidence?Thank you

Yes you will need to provide evidence that you were on maternity.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok like letter from my employer? Will it be enough?

I am happy to answer further questions when previous have been rated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also have recived a a P60 for that year
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything else I should provide?

I will address any further questions when you have rated for your original question.

frantzgregory and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Evidence such as P60, letter from employer and any document showing maternity payments made to you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But I was on unpaid maternity leave but still in employment only receving Maternity Allowance would it be ok?
Does it matter if it is paid on unpaid maternity leave Thank you very much if you could answer please

It doesnt matter whether you were on unpaid maternity leave or not. You just need evidence to confirm you were on maternity for no more than 12 months.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok that's great then Thank you so much ��

Thank you.