How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nicola-mod Your Own Question
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 21
Experience:  Moderator
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Nicola-mod is online now

My sister has been coming to UK 10 years. in 2015 her visit

Customer Question

my sister has been coming to UK for over 10 years. in 2015 her visit visa was rejected for a few points . in one of her visit she stayed for 5 months in 2009 and she has been asked what did she do when she was in England. her main stay was to be with me however when she was here she had a shortterm English course.she prepared all the information which will be provided to the Embassy.
the question is she never mentioned she had English lesson in England ( she never was asked) do you think now she is mentioning this will cause her issue?12/06/2016 12:4912/06/2016 01:00Do you know in 2009 a visitor with visitor visa how long could study. i know the law now but i am after the law in 2009
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your enquiry.

With the visitors visa, there are restrictions on what you are permitted to do whilst visiting the UK. You are permitted for up to 30 days maximum to attend a short-course (which includes English language training) at an accredited institution.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Frantz. i am aware of the 30 days restriction but i am talking about 2009.please review the question. in 2009 what was the law? the 30 days is very new and wasnt in practice in 2009
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i paid £43 at least my question could have been red properly
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.

The law as it was in 2009 prohibited any intention to study under the visitor visa category. Unfortunately your question on my list is valued at $9.09.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i dont think you know the law. it wasnt prohibited at all and i am certain about it. do you have a archived version you could show me?
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.

If you are certain of the law why are you asking about it on on JA? Good luck with your application

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my question wasnt about the Engilish course as whatever it was it is done now. my question was my sister never mentioned it in her application until this year that she is going to mentione it. will her mentioningit now will be a problem?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks you. do you know how long will this take?. my sister have to submitt her document to the embassy tomorrow at 9.30 am.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I'm afraid JustAnswer cannot guarantee a time; however most questions are answered in a timely manner.
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,