How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 34902
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Me and my family are Portuguese we are working and live in

This answer was rated:

Me and my family are Portuguese we are working and live in Uk for over 20 years, we have mortgage, jobs and kids in school how can i get the right to live and remain in uk?

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

The realistic position is that nothing at all will happen in the next 18 months - and the odds are that if we wish to have a trade agreement then like Norway we will have to accept the free movement of people.

However if you wish to apply for Leave to Remain in the UK based on the fact that you have been here for more than 10 years

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help, I feel more reassured.

You are most welcome

Clare and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you