How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 0
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I am not an UK citizen.I am the dependent of my husband. He

Customer Question

Hi I am not an UK citizen.I am the dependent of my husband. He entered uk in tier-1 (general) visa on 1 of June 2011.His visa was approved in 2011 January while he was in India. I have come to UK in dependent visa on 22 june 2012 .Since them I am staying in UK with him.Our daughter was born here in UK in 2014 October. I am married to him since April 2010 .During our marriage we both were in India and it was an arrange marriage.
Please let me know what can be genuine ways of stopping him get his ilr.As my husband is very abusive towards me and now he is well informed that I am going to take action against his behaviour once I get back to india.Hence he is trying to apply for his ilr here and doesn't want to go back to India with me.He wants to hide from me in UK.
I have made several complaints against him in police in UK and even my health visitors have seen by brushes while I reported about an incident of him physically abusing me in 2014 when my daughter was born.I have again filed a complaint against him in police here in UK in 2016 as his behaviour has no change.Can I inform ukba about his behaviour and all kinds of police complaint if am here .So that they can think of there decision of giving him an ilr.Please guide me through all these process.Thank you.Regards ,
Mahlaqua Afrin
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.


I have received your reply on your other question thread. Please reply to that thread, as I have done.