How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 823
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

I'm applying Residence Card. I've got my application form

This answer was rated:

I'm applying for Permanent Residence Card. I've got my application form with me. I started to fill it out but few sections are not clear to me. Is any chance you could help me with that?


Thank you for your enquiry.

I can help if you tell me which sections you are having difficulties with.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm applying with my wife. can we use just one application ?

Is your wife an EU national?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she is Polish so am I

Should fill in separate forms but sent together in the same envelope.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, Section 5 point A. Should I fill it out it if I apply for permanent residence? Point B it's clear to me an I know I have to fill it out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Section 18 - Documents and evidence.Evidence of employment - I've been working it the UK since 2005. Should I sent all my payslips, p60's , bank statements or just few of them as a proof of my employment ?

Yes you need to fill out section 5. You are applying in your own right as an EU national and not as a family member of an EU national.

Yes ideally you should send proof of employment in the last 5 years but if you have proof since 2005 send them too. You should send all your payslips and 6 months bank statements

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I fill out point A as well if i don't have my residence yet ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I mean section 5 point A...

Yes fill out section 5 point A that is relevant to your as an EU national. This section is about residing in the UK and not whether you have residence card.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, section 5.3 - should I give all details If I was on my holidays abroad , even just for few days ?

Yes even if it was just for a few days.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is quite long period of time, so what about situation if I don't exactly remember when I was on my holidays 5 years ago. Shuold I explain this in some reason ?

You need to look at the stamps on your passport and travel tickets.

frantzgregory and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, that was my last question. Thank you for your help