How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 0
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I was born in the UK of UK citizens, married in 1968 to an

Customer Question

I was born in the UK of UK citizens, married in 1968 to an American. I am an American citizen and I have let my UK passport lapse for 15 years or so. I would like to renew my UK passport and have dual citizenship, how do I do that please?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. Dear *****, did you renounce your British citizenship to get American citizenship? Or did you merely let your passport run out and not renew it? Before Barack Obama legislated for dual citizenship for Americans, it was common that new American citizens renounced their foreign citizenship.