How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Waleed Hassan Your Own Question
Waleed Hassan
Waleed Hassan, Immigration Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 67
Experience:  I have extensive knowledge in Immigration, Nationality and Asylum law and have had conducted in lead cases.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Waleed Hassan is online now

I am a non eu national. I have been working as a

Customer Question

I am a non eu national. I have been working as a paediatrician for two years now in my hospital under tier 5 visa ( exchange) and my visa ends end of august. and the royal college of paediatrics and child health was my sponsor.
My trust wants me to continue working with them.
Is there anyway i can exgend my visa or reapply now?
Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Waleed Hassan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your query.

As you are under Tier 5 (Exchange), you cannot extend your visa in the UK. You must return to your home country.

If your employer wants to recruit you, they then need to sponsor you under Tier 2 (General). You can find more information at:

I note paediatrics are on a shortage occupation list : at page 6.

This means that if your sponsor wants to employ you, they do not need to advertise for the job as your job is on the shortage occupation list.

Please kindly rate my answer.


Expert:  Waleed Hassan replied 1 year ago.

Happy New Year.

I note that you have not rated my answer, which is now long overdue.

I would be grateful if you would kindly rate my answer as soon as possible.