How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7676
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

I need to bring a new start employee from Egypt to the UK

This answer was rated:

I need to bring a new start employee from Egypt to the UK for a training course to ensure he is trained in UK levels of health and safety etc. I do not know what visa to apply for he will be here for less than 2 weeks. We pay him into his egytian account, and he does have his army service papers etc. Any advice greatly appreciated.


Thanks for your question. I will try to help.

If he is coming to the UK for simple training and will not actually be carrying out any formal work then he will have to apply for a standard visit visa,

The webpage on this is here:

You will see that it confirms that if he visits for business then he is permitted to carry out training, which a health and safety course would fit in to.

Obviously, he (not you as employer) would have to make the actual application but you can execute a sponsorship declaration if you wish to asssit him.

You can go to a local solicitor to draft a sponsorship declaration in which you state the terms of his visit, that he is to return at the end of it and that you shall pay the costs of any unforeseen expenses that should occur during his stay so that nether of you will need to access public funds. This will help

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. Please remember to leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,


Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you