How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7676
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

I am a greek national married to an albanian with a greek

This answer was rated:

i am a greek national married to an albanian with a greek residential permit. i have lived in the uk for 1 year and would like to bring my wife over. does she need a visa?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.


Thanks for your patience.

Are you working pleasee?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am currently employed as a part time care take and as a self employed handy man. i hope this is helpful. thank you.


Thanks for your question. I will try to help.

If you are an EEA member state national (which you are if you have a greek passport) then she will have to obtain an EEA family permit first.

She will have to apply for and obtain an EEA family permit in order to secure her leave to remain in the UK to work. She will need to apply for it before she can travel . The government webpage containing information and links for how she can do this is here:-

Once she has come to the UK on her family permit she will be eligible to apply to the home office for a residence card which confirms her right of residence in the UK for 5 years on the basis of your marriage:-

At the end of this time she will be able to apply for a Permanent Residence here if she wishes and has not spent significant time outside the UK.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. Please remember to leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,


Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you so much for your help. i appreciate it.