How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7672
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

We have an 'employee'. He was working with us in the

This answer was rated:

Hi We have an 'employee'. He was working with us in the UK on a student visa which then ran out and he had to go back to Egypt. We really want him back but I dont know how to get him a visa? PLease can you advise on how we can get him working back in the UK a.s.a.pThanks


Thanks for your question. I will try to help.

If you do not have access to significant funds for investment, are not married/in a relationship with a UK national/foreign national or person with ILR then he would probably have to see if he can apply for a Tier 2 Sponsored Skilled Worker visa

This means that you would be looking at applying under the Tier 2 Sponsored Skilled Workers Visa provisions. You will have to see if the job that he would do for you is on the shortage occupation list:-

If your job is not on this list then this means that you would have to carry out a Resident Labour Market Test. This test is effectively to show that their are no resident/eea national in the locality that can perform your role, It makes it much more difficult to prove that there is no-one else in the Uk who could do the job.

You would then have to become a licensed sponsor of Tier 2 employes:

Then you would have to offer him a job and he could then only apply if he meets the eligibility criteria:

Basiccally, if you are minded to try and become and sponsor and then for him to apply I would strongly consider instructing a solicitor to act on your behalf to review the likelihood of success in detail and then to act on his behalf.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. Please remember to leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Now i'm really confused? I was told we could get a Tier 5 Visa or have him here on an Internship scheme? I this not possible?He has worked for us in the UK before on a student VisaThe role is not suitable for Tier 2 Skilled worker

There are different types of tier 5 visa.

Which were you told he may be eligible for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I don't know? As an internship?How do we get him a tier 5 visa?Thanks

I will answer at 9am


The tier 5 visas are as follows:

So, as I originally said, it would appear to be Tier 2 general or no visa I'm afraid.

I am sorry I could not have better news for you but I would be grateful if you would please leave positive feedback based on the accuracy and content of my answer.


Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you