How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7660
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

I would like to ask some few questions about matters

This answer was rated:

Hello there,I would like to ask some few questions about matters regarding to my immigration status. Firstly, i came to this country 2008 and my visa expired few months after. Now I've a 7months old baby who's of British nationality including the mother. So,i would like to know if that would help me in any way and what are my chances. Secondly,as an immigration lawyer. What other options do you suggest i take other than using my child.


Are you in a relationship with the mother?

Does the mother earn more than £18600 per annum from employment?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm and no,she doesn't.


Thanks for your patience.

The child does help you yes, but it’s not simple.

You obviously don’t have to leave to remain which complicates things.

You would be applying under the ten year route. On the basis of your relationship with the mother and, particularly, your child and the fact that it would presumably not be in the interests of the child to leave the UK with you.

The most importance suggestion I can give you is that you should instruct a solicitor locally to act on your behalf and prepare the application. They will draft your statements and ensure that appropriate and sufficient supporting documentation is submitted with your application to enable you to have the best chance.

If you instruct a solicitor and remain with the motrher and actively involved in the upbringing of the child then the chances that they would be able to evict you are remote and the chances of securing leave to remain are fairly good.

I am sorry that I could not have better news for you.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question. If you are satisfied then please leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,


Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you