How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7672
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

I wish to find out if a friend who lives in Spain and on a

This answer was rated:

I wish to find out if a friend who lives in Spain and on a 5yr visa can come to the uk to work.


Thanks for your question.
What nationality is your friend please?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is Indian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The reason for asking is we are looking for staff who will take responsibility and although been looking for about 5 years still haven't managed find anyone


Is he in a relationship with anyone who proposes to come to the UK with him? if so, what is their nationality?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No nobody else

Thanks. Drafting your answer now. 5 mins please.


Thanks for your question. I will try to help.

He would need a visa. He remains an Indian citizen for the purpose of the UK immigration rules.

You will have to see if he can apply for a Tier 2 Sponsored Skilled Worker visa

This means that you would be looking at applying under the Tier 2 Sponsored Skilled Workers Visa provisions. You will have to see if the job that he would do for you is on the shortage occupation list:-

If your job is not on this list then this means that you would have to carry out a Resident Labour Market Test. This test is effectively to show that their are no resident/eea national in the locality that can perform your role, It makes it much more difficult to prove that there is no-one else in the Uk who could do the job.

You would then have to become a licensed sponsor of Tier 2 employes:

Then you would have to offer him a job and he could then only apply if he meets the eligibility criteria:

Basically, if you are minded to try and become and sponsor and then for him to apply I would strongly consider instructing a solicitor to act on your behalf to review the likelihood of success in detail and then to act on his behalf.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. Please remember to leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any other way?


No, there is no other way if he is not in a relationship with anyone else and does not have any UK ancestry.

I am sorry.

Please do remember to leave feedback



Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided. If you have no further questions then please do leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,


Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you