How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 34910
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Can you help with this divorce question? I was born in the

Customer Question

Can you help with this divorce question?
I was born in the UK, married in the UK in 1998 to a South African National. Separated in 2009. He was last seen in South Africa in 2010 but not since even his family do not know his whereabouts. We have no children or community property. I wish now to divorce but cannot contact him. Also I currently live and work in the UAE.
Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What links do you still have in the UK?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare.
My family still reside there, I have a UK bank account and credit cards, I am still registered with my local GP. I also have a mailing address. Until recently (March) I was also employed by a UK company. I have a storage unit and local council garage where my belongings are kept into I return. I also have a UK contract mobile phone.
Hope that helps.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Then you have sufficient links to allow you to issue a petition based on the fact that you have lived apart for more than five years

You will also have to apply for permission to go ahead without serving the paperwork on him

But will have to show that you have actively attempted to trace him

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further dteails