How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Waleed Hassan Your Own Question
Waleed Hassan
Waleed Hassan, Immigration Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 67
Experience:  I have extensive knowledge in Immigration, Nationality and Asylum law and have had conducted in lead cases.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Waleed Hassan is online now

I would like to ask some question about my matter. i have

This answer was rated:

i would like to ask some question about my matter. i have indefinite leave to remain and i came in UK on June 2011 so it is almost 5 years completed . i am going to apply British citizenship soon. i have one under age son ,his is living in my country with my mother( his'grandmother).Now the problem is here when my wife spouse visa apply, at that time she didn't mention child on application form and i have also sponsor only her because i haven't meet 22400 annually. Anyway she is here in UK with me as spouse dependent under 5 years route and also extension visa few months ago. now i have meet 22400 annually and my wife also working full time earning around 17000 annually. but we are very much missing our son. So i would like to get strong suggestion to get our son here with us.i am going to apply British citizenship soon so can i mention child on application form. thank you

Hi, thank you for your query, I will try and assist you as much as I can.

Essentially, you want to bring your son, who is abroad with your mother. The concern is that you did not mention in the application for your spouse that you have a child.

Your option is to apply for indefinite leave to enter for your child. Here is the from the Home Office website:

If you make this application, please bear in mind that the Embassy may request a DNA result, because your spouse did not mention your son in the initial application. Besides, and I cannot advise specifically on this forum, the Embassy could raise an issue of deception.

It is important if you do make this application that you cover the above issues.

I hope I have dealt with the question you asked.

Please do not forget to rate my answer, as I will not get paid until you do.


Waleed Hassan and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply but dont get my answer clearly is there any problem to mention child on my british critizen application form

Thank you for your question.

As part of Just Answer policy I cannot provide specific advice. I can only provide generic advice.

As part of applying for a British citizenship, you have to show that you are a person of good character. Not being truthful to the Home Office can lead to a refusal of your application.

The reality is that you have a son. So you should be honest with your dealing with the Home Office. If you do not meniton in your application now that you have a son, when you do decide to apply and bring your son it may pose a problem as you and your wife both have lied to the Government. I

I would now be grateful if you would my answer positively

Many thanks .