How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 35087
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I got married in Italy. I live in Uk now. Can I divorce here

Customer Question

Hi. I'm Polish. I got married in Italy. I live in Uk now. Can I divorce here in Uk?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm if you are in England or Wales and how long you have been here? Please also confirm where yoir spouse is and how long you have been married and how long you have been separated for?

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

Provided you have been married for more than 12 months and have lived in the UK for more than 6 months then yes you can issue a divorce here in the Uk

You can read more here

Please ask if you need further details