How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7677
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

Im 2nd generation born abroad. Can you guys help me get my

This answer was rated:

Im 2nd generation born abroad. Can you guys help me get my britiish nationality?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was born on 26 Apr 1983 in Saudi Arabia and hold saudi nationality. My mother holds a British passport but can't pass it on to me. I want to challenge my ineligibility based on good language skills, have previously lived there, and require myself to exercise my rightful claim to the nationality.


Where and when was your mother born please ?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My mother was born in Australia in 1961


Thanks. Sorry for the delay.

Do you also hold austrailian citizenship?

Were any of your grandparents born in the UK?

Where and when was your father born please? What nationality is he?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't hold Australian citizenship.
Both of my grandparents were born in the UK but are now deceased.
My father was born in Beirut, Lebanon. He holds Saudi nationality


Last question, are you in a relationship with anyone and if so, please state their nationality..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm married and wife is Syrian


Thanks for your question. I will try to help.

Unfortunately, as you are now an adult and born outside the Uk to a parent who was a UK citizen by descent you cannot now register as a UK citizen by reason of your mother’s nationality.

Regrettably, this means that you do not have any additional rights to come to the UK or to UK citizenship as compared to any foreign national without any connection to the UK.

If you had Australian citizenship then you could apply for an ancestry visa which would allow you come to the UK to work and eventually apply for indefinite leave to remain after 5 years. However, if you do not hold Australian citizenship then this is not an option for you.

Therefore, if you wished to get a visa to come to the uk to work for an employer unconnected with your current employer and you do not have access to £200,000 gbp for investing in a UK business then your options are only as follows:

{C}1. Tier 2 Sponsored Skilled Workers Visa provisions:. You will have to see if there is a job that you could do in the UK on the shortage occupation list:-

If your job is not on this list then this means that you employer would have to apply to become a licensed sponsor of skilled migrants and also confirm to the home office that they have carried out a the Resident Labour Market Test. This test is effectively to show that there are no resident/eea national in the locality that can perform your role,.

You would have to then secure a job offer from a UK employer who is or would become a licensed sponsor of skilled migrants:-

If you are able to secure a job offer for tier 2 purposes from an employer licensed to sponsor tier 2 migrants then they can apply under this visa category and then apply for indefinite leave to remain after 5 years.

2. Tier 1 exceptional talent – this is work visa for world leaders in their particular field:

I am sorry that I could not have better news for you.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. Please remember to leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,


Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you