How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7663
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

I have tried 2 time in the last 6 weeks to help my sister to

This answer was rated:

My name is*****
i have tried 2 time in the last 6 weeks to help my sister to get a visit visa to come and stay with me for a holiday in the Uk
I come from Thailand and have lived with a UK partner for 8 years in the UK
I have permanent leave to remain in the UK.
On both applications i have said that i will sponsored my sister. and proved that i can.
After the first application was refused for reasons that we had not sent documents in english and my sister did not have enough money for the trip. We had them all translated and then again said that i was paying for all costs and sent bank statements to prove this we tried again and was refused that they do not think she will go back or might work in the UK.
I just dont know how i can prove that she is only coming to visit me.
I have all ready spent over a £1000.00 trying
And it seems that they can just refuse with no just cause.


Thanks for your question. I will try to help.

You also have to try and show them that she has continuing obligations in her home country which will continue after the visit and therefore convince them that she is not a risk of overstay because she at present has compelling family and social/work ties to her home country which mean that she will not attempt to secure a permanent stay here whilst she is visiting.

This means that you have to submit things like a letter from her employer stating she has a job (if she does) and is expected to return to continue that job, return flight tickets, evidence of continuing accommodation (eg. tenancy agreement of evidence of ownership of a property), bank statements showing the money she has available, letters from relatives/friends confirming any obligations she has to them.

The key is showing that she has other commitments in her home country that, although she can take a short break from to have the visit, she will be compelled to return home because these commitments demand her to return home.

The most important thing is evidencing her continuing employment, assets (eg house) that she has in her home country and family relationships (eg husband, children, parents that she looks after etc)

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. Please remember to leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,


Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you