How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7673
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

My age is 64 years working actively have good health. I am

This answer was rated:

I am Pakistani, my age is 64 years working actively have good health.
I am working as CEO of a medical educational Organisation.
Me and my wife want to become British National.
Please advise.

Hi Abdul

What type of work would you do in the UK?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can invest in some business


I will be able to answer at about 9.45 am


Thanks for your question. I will try to help.

If you were able to show that you can invest the sum of £200,000 GBP into a UK business which you will be a director of and involve in the running of it then you can apply for a Tier1 entrepreneur visa.

The link to the government web page on the visa is here:

You will see that there are eligibility criteria which you will have to comply with.

If you are able to obtain this visa then you and your wife can travel to the UK for the purpose of investing in the business which you will help run.

This visa will allow you to stay in the United Kingdom for a period of 5 years, although you will have to extend the visa once and when you do you will have to show that you have complied with the eligibility criteria. At the end of the 5 year residence time you can apply for indefinite leave to remain provided you have complied with the conditions of your visa.

Once you have indefinite leaved to remain this is the right to remain in the United Kingdom without having to apply for any more visas. This means you can stay permanently.

If you then wish to naturalize as UK citizens after having obtained indefinite leave to remain then you would have to wait for 12 months from the date that you have obtained indefinite leave to remain an then apply for naturalization. You would also have to show when you apply for naturalization that you meet the following criteria:

If you are not able to apply for a Tier 1 entrepreneur visa for whatever reason then if you propose to work in the United Kingdom your options would be as follows:

1. Tier 2 general visa – This is a working visa where you would be sponsored by an employer to do a job which is in shortage occupation in the UK.

2. Tier 1 exceptional talent visa – This is where you are a world leader in your field and you are effectively sponsored by the regulatory body of that particular field in the United Kingdom.

Good luck


My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. Please remember to leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can invest let me know what to do next ?
And how much time it will take?


You need to come up with a plan to invest the money in a business. Therefore, identify how you will invest the money and then come up with a business plan.

You need to instruct a UK based solicitor to look at your business plan and ensure that your application is adequately evidenced and drafted.

You can find solicitors using the following site and you can instruct them from where you are:

Please leave feedback using the stars at the top of the page.


Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you