How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 770
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

I have a 5 years EU family member permit living in the UK

This answer was rated:

Hello, I have a 5 years EU family member permit living in the UK since 2013 till date. And my wife has got Uk indefinite stay in Uk around 2010. MY question is, do I qualify as of the moment I apply for my own indefinite leave to remain in Uk?


Thank you for your enquiry. As an EU family member, you will need to have been in the UK for 5 continuous years as a family member of an EU citizen exercising treaty rights to be eligible to apply for permanent residence.

frantzgregory and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your quick response.

Thank you.