How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7676
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

My husband is a british citizen and he applied for me as a

This answer was rated:

Hello .. My husband is a british citizen and he applied for me as a spouse visa i came here in Uk 2014 with 2 and half year visa.that time he need to show Home office his yearly income 18600 pound..
My visa goin to expire next yr in august I need to extend my visa for another 2 year and need to show again 18600 pound yearly income..but at the moment my husband is jobless he is not able to show this money..and I have 4 month old baby and he got british citizenship as well.
if my husband cant show this amount of money what will happen? are they send me back into my country or I have a chance to stay here?


Do you earn any money from employment? If so please state how much?

What level of cash savings do you have between you?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I am not doing any job..and my husband is jobless as well...we dont have any savings that much


Thanks for your question. I will try to help.

Obviously, your husband should try as hard as possible to get another job before the extension application in order rot bring his income over £18600 per annum. You may also consider looking for a job yourself in order to meet the reuqirement or to supplement any income from a job that your husband gets which is below the threshold of £18600 per annum.

If you have to make the application and he has not earned £18600 per annum during the course of your current visa then it’s possible that they may grant you leave to remain but that this will be in the category of the ten year route. This is based basically on your human right to a family and private life.

if they did this then you would only be eligible to apply for ILR 10 years after the date that you entered on your current visa, but you would not be required to leave the UK.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. Please remember to leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,


Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you