How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 770
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

Im over stayer and wife got british passport Assistant:

Customer Question

Hi Im over stayer and wife got british passport
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: Overstayer No kids
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When last time my solicitor applied for me and Wife, she was on Indefinite leave to remain, my application was rejected and issued with some certification.Is there any way that I can apply from within UK, I dont want to leave the country.Thanks
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.


There is insufficient information to give any form of support.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. Came to UK in 2004 on Student visa.
2. Married with my wife in 2009, me and my wife both were on Student visa at the time of marriage.
3. My student application was rejected in end of 2010.
4. My wife (She was student earlier) got her ILR in 2014, subsequently got her British Citizenship in 2016.
5. My solicitor advise me to leave the country and apply from back home, in 2015, but we want to fight from within the UK.
6. When applied last time to the HO using FLRO.
7. Answer came HO in February this year, it was negative,
8. Currently no right of appeal,I can sent you a copy of last rejection, may I know if I can fight from within UK to sort my visa on basis of my Wife, also we do not have any kids, also living together since we come in UK in 2004.Thanks
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.


Unfortunately there is nothing we can do for you here on JustAnswer. You went against legal advice. The consequences of that is you would need further legal advice on what limited options you have now. This is not something we can assist with on here.