How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 842
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

My two friends want to get married... One is a British

This answer was rated:

Hi my two friends want to get married... One is a British citizen and the other is on limited stay as asylum seeker... What procedures will they have to take and how will the friend who is on limited stay get indefinite leave to remain after she is married ....


Thank you for your enquiry.

You will find the procedures here

Please rate. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiIs there any other way.... And what about after marriage how can she get indefinite leave
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After marriage will she be allowed for indefinite leave to remain...and when
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want to know will she be allowed to apply and when after marriage.... Alsothe procedures you gave were good it just the second part of the question I felt like u didn't answer

I am happy to answer further questions when I have been positively rated. Thank you.

frantzgregory and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can u answer my question
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have paid money for this yet u haven't answered the full question
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are not nice.............


Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

If your partner has been granted a spousal visa on the basis of your marriage, the Home Office will usually grant 2.5 years spousal visa and at the end of this initial visa, your partner will be required to extend her visa for another 2.5 years. Once your partner has been in the UK for 5 years or more and she meets the requirement, she can apply for indefinite leave to remain.

I hope this answers your question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What if she has been living in the UK for the past 9 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As an asylum seeker

That would not matter because time spent in the UK as an Asylum seeker is not usable in the spousal category.