How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 823
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

Visa and curtailment Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide

This answer was rated:

visa and curtailment
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: My tier 4 visa was withdrawn on April but I've never received any letter about when do I need to leave. However I still left on June and I sent my university the evidence and they said ok. I came back to UK on September and I got a new 6 months visa, but then I received an email saying I need to leave by 13 Nov


It is likely that the letter relates to your previous visa. What 6 months visa do you have? What is your nationality?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm hold a Hong Kong passport and it's a "Leave to enter for 6 moths " visa

Yes I know it is leave to enter for 6 months. What type of leave is it? What application did you make to get this leave?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's just a visitor visa, it's doesn't say anything else on the passport and I got it when I arrived in uk as they told me with Hk passport I didn't have to apply

It is crucial the type of visa is known so you have a visitors visa. Simply saying leave to remain does not say much. What does the letter you received say? With a visitors visa you would have been asked how long you are staying in the UK, ensure you dont stay beyond what you said.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The letter said they didn't get any evidence that I've left uk after my student visa has been withdrawn, which I did provided them to my university and confirmed. I said I would probably stay for 3 months, and the officer told me that just remember I can't stay longer than 6 months with my visa. Does that mean as long as I leave within 6 months it will be fine? Is there a department that I can contact?

You should stay for however long you told the officer. If you said 3 months then you should not be staying more than 3 months. For the letter you received, you will need to respond to the address given and reference number with evidence that you left the country and that you are back in the UK with a visitors visa.

frantzgregory and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you