How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 822
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

I live in the UK for the last 6 years as student; however, I

Customer Question

I live in the UK for the last 6 years as student; however, I want to live and work in the UK. Also I have a Palestinian refugee document from Egypt. My question is there any way that I can obtain/request for UK citizenship or at least ILR. I am currently a master student and I just submitted my dissertation; thus I just began to search for a job.
My visa is a Tier4 General student, exp. 28/02/2017
Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Furthermore, If i found a job in the UK and completed 10 years in total in the UK; I am allowed to apply for ILR.
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your enquiry.

The option available to you to remain in the UK is through working for a licensed sponsor. So you are doing the right thing looking for work. If you remain in the UK legally for 10 year you may also be eligible to apply under the 10 year rule.