How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 822
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

My partner over stay after his visa expired. He is in a

Customer Question

Hi, my partner over stay after his visa expired. He is in a process of applying for a visa. He is in uk for 8 years. We want to apply for housing benefit and working tax together. Will this put him in a some danger? He is on council tax already. I dont want to imigration to come and take him.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your enquiry

Your partner is an undocumented immigrant and should regularise his visa. Otherwise he will not be able to apply for housing benefit.