How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 780
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

My daughter and her son live here in uk. but her husband is

Customer Question

hi my daughter and her son live here in uk. but her husband is in India. he has been trying to pass the esol exam to cme over to uk. but fell ill he had a stroke was in hospital now home. don't know how long it would take him to recover. my daughter has a learning disability and her son has developmental issues. he has not even seen his son who is 2 now. what can i do to help them unite
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your enquiry.

Your daughters husband can rely on the exception to the English language requirement on the basis of his medical conditions. He must provide medical evidence to support his application to join/accompany his British wife and children into the UK. If your daughter has special needs and reliant on Disability Living Allowance in the UK she will also be exempt from meeting the financial requirements under Appendix FM