How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 770
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

I have a question reagarding to my legal rights to live and

Customer Question

Hello there. I have a question reagarding to my legal rights to live and work in the uk. I am a non-EU national and married to my wife who is a EU national. I have obtained a EEA family residence card (valid for 5 years) after living and working in the uk for 5 years, at the start of October we posted out the application to Home Office to apply for permanent residence. Today our form and documents were returned from HO as the card payment was invalid. We immediately corrected the payment details and post the application again. My question is: Am I currently legal to work and live in the uk? (The fact that my EEA residence card was expired a week ago) Any advice will be much appreciated, thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your enquiry.

You should remain legal. Expiry of an EU residence card does not invalidate your rights under EU law.