How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 964
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

I run my own company and use recuritment agencies for

Customer Question

Hi. I run my own company and use recuritment agencies for contractors to help with projects. I was wondering if it's legal for a worker on a Tier 2 visa to be allowed to work for an agency if that agency is not their sponsor
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: sure
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 2 years ago.


Thank you for your enquiry.

A Tier 2 worker can only work for their sponsor and the sponsor must have a sponsor licence granted by the Home Office. As part of a Tier 2 application the sponsoring employer will have provided the prospective employee with a certificate of sponsorship tying the employee to the employer. Therefore it would not be allowed for a worker to work for an agency if that agency does not have a sponsor license and is not their sponsor.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for that.
So is it ok for me as a company to work directly with the sponsor? (We would be paying the sponsor who has the employee we want to use on a project)
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 2 years ago.

I believe so. Please rate. Thank you.