Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

I have a child born in Thailand with a Thai woman but my

I have a child born in Thailand with a Thai woman but my name isn't on the birth certificate we tried to get it changed but were told it could not be done. I was told that I could claim child benefit. Other then a birth certificate is there any other way I could make a claim. The child will soon be four years old.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Where are you living and has there been a DNA test?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I live and work in the uk for four months at a time after which I spend three months in Thailand. I have been with my girl friend for over ten years and don't feel it necessary to have a DNA test.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A bit late in the day for making phone calls.

Sorry that is site popup I have no control over.

You will need a DNA test which will allow you to apply for a British Passport - which you can then use to apply for Child benefit.

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details