Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

Can you have a multi entry marriage visa. A Chinese national

Can you have a multi entry marriage visa. A Chinese national has a visitor visa but needs a marriage visa to apply for a superintendent registrars certificate. If she applies for a marriage certificate can she then travel to the uk for her 7 days residency to apply for her arc and the return to China and renter the uk at a later date for her wedding

Thanks for your question. I will try to help.

Unfortunately, marriage visit visas are not granted on a multi entry basis.

They are granted only for 6 months and during this time the holder must enter the UK to marry and then leave the UK after marriage and before the 6 month visa period has expired.

So, after ente4ring on this visa the holder would not be permitted to leave the country and then re-enter to marry at a later date.

Instead, you enter the UK and give the requisite 28 day notice of your marriage, then marry and then lease

I am sorry that I could not have better news for you.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. Please remember to leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom