How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7882
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

Can you have a multi entry marriage visa. A Chinese national

This answer was rated:

Can you have a multi entry marriage visa. A Chinese national has a visitor visa but needs a marriage visa to apply for a superintendent registrars certificate. If she applies for a marriage certificate can she then travel to the uk for her 7 days residency to apply for her arc and the return to China and renter the uk at a later date for her wedding


Thanks for your question. I will try to help.

Unfortunately, marriage visit visas are not granted on a multi entry basis.

They are granted only for 6 months and during this time the holder must enter the UK to marry and then leave the UK after marriage and before the 6 month visa period has expired.

So, after ente4ring on this visa the holder would not be permitted to leave the country and then re-enter to marry at a later date.

Instead, you enter the UK and give the requisite 28 day notice of your marriage, then marry and then lease

I am sorry that I could not have better news for you.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. Please remember to leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,


Thomas and 5 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you