How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 770
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

My son is trying to get his wife to the uk from the ukraine

Customer Question

my son is trying to get his wife to the uk from the ukraine they were refused on application with the reason given, one being that his income was insufficient, my question is what is acceptable for his income as he is (a) self employed and earned £21450 before any deductions , but as he is a subcontractor he has 20% tax deducted before he is paid and claims that back at year end so as his income is shown net so reduces the figures. also he is an armed forces reservist and received £3500 which is through paye, he needs an income of £22400 to cover his wife and her child, can he count his self employment as gross income as well as his paye income or does the self employed part have to be counted net
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your enquiry.

All income is based on gross amount.