How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 964
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

But have been living in the UK since 2005 with 1 year back

This answer was rated:

I am Irish but have been living in the UK since 2005 with 1 year back in Ireland 2010-2011.
While in the UK I have had a permanent contract with the NHS as Consultant Pathologist.
My two children were born here in 2006 and 2008.
I now wish to apply for British passports for both of them but on the form it asks for evidence of parent's immigration status eg. parent's passport at time of birth - will by Irish passport be adequate?
Kind regards,
***** *****lon


Thank you for your enquiry.

Can you clarify the exact date of births for your children because only some children born in the UK to EEA citizens will be British automatically.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
15/09/2006 and 22/02/2008

OK. You will need to provide both your Irish passport and 5 years or more evidence that you have been exercising treaty rights. Some people apply for a document certifying permanent residency for convenience and present that instead.

frantzgregory and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you