frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

But have been living in the UK since 2005 with 1 year back

I am Irish but have been living in the UK since 2005 with 1 year back in Ireland 2010-2011.
While in the UK I have had a permanent contract with the NHS as Consultant Pathologist.
My two children were born here in 2006 and 2008.
I now wish to apply for British passports for both of them but on the form it asks for evidence of parent's immigration status eg. parent's passport at time of birth - will by Irish passport be adequate?
Kind regards,
***** *****lon

Thank you for your enquiry.

Can you clarify the exact date of births for your children because only some children born in the UK to EEA citizens will be British automatically.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
15/09/2006 and 22/02/2008

OK. You will need to provide both your Irish passport and 5 years or more evidence that you have been exercising treaty rights. Some people apply for a document certifying permanent residency for convenience and present that instead.