Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269
Immigration Law

A person lived in uk for six years on visa does it mean he

Hi a person lived in... Show More
Hi a person lived in uk for six years on visa does it mean he can work in uk?
Show Less
Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
Hi i haven't yet got my answer for the question i had asked.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Thanks for your patience.

Is he still in the uk?

It so, what visa does he have?

Tom

Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thomas he got sponsored by his partner but now the marriage is over and they have got a daughter whos five year old. so he is still in uk and home offiec are dealing with his case but its been six and half year so can he work in uk or not and can he get married to someone here in uk?

What nationality is his wife please?

Tom

Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
HI
His ex wife is British citizen. they had a marriage back home and then also had the civil marriage too and had a child here in uk but now they are divorced.

Thanks for your reply.

If he was sponsored by his wife then he would have the right to work in his visa.

However, if the visa expired or if the home office curtailed his leave to remain as a result of the breakdown in his marriage (which they would do if they found out about it) then his right to work would cease and he would not be able to work legally in the UK.

If he has made an applciation to the home office for leave to remain on the basis of his child then if he did this before his visa expired or before the home office curtailed his leave to remain due to marriage breakdown then his right to work would continue.

If he applied for his new visa only after his visa expired or the home office curtailed his visa due to marriage breakdown then his right to work woud cease but would be reinstated once his new leave to remain (ie. visa) is issued on the basis of his relationship wiht his child.

Please remember to leave feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tom,
Thanks for the answer, After the break up of his marriage the wife has not allowed him to see the child so can he still have the right to work legally & stay in uk if the visa is not cancelled? and can he get married to someone who's a British citizen but she is not working.