How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask chatham-chamber Your Own Question
chatham-chamber, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 12185
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
chatham-chamber is online now

I changed my name. therefore I got new UK passport. I have

Customer Question

I changed my name. therefore I got new UK passport. I have OCI. I need to reapply for OCI now. But I have Criminal Conviction in 2012. Will I be able to get OCI when I was already given OCI when I didn't have Criminal Conviction?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 2 years ago.


What was the convictiom for

What do you mean by OCI

Is your card in tthe previoud name?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for answer. OCI means Overseas Citizen of India.
Conviction was manslaughter. Now name is ***** ***** passport. so got new passport. need to reapply for OCI . There is a question on the oci application if there is any criminal proceedings with the applicant.
How can you assist please?
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 2 years ago.

Are yoh applying for a card for Jndia?

In any event, if asked the question whethwr you have any criminal convictions, you MUST d3clare those convictions. If you fail to do so, it is deemed as fraudulent.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback. Your question will not close and I will be happy to answer any follow up questions..

Kind regards