How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 768
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

Simaitis, from Lithuania and therefore EU national. I am

Customer Question

Hi there,I am Dr Audrius Simaitis, from Lithuania and therefore EU national. I am applying for UK residency as European Economic Area citizen and filling in 'Application for a document certifying permanent residence under EEA Regulations' form. I have two questions in relation to this form.1. I have in been in UK for last 12 years – since 2005. For last 11 years, I was working for Royal Cornwall Hospital and will supply a letter from employer, salary slips and P60 form. There was no interruption in my employment at all. For the year 2005 (12 months) I was working for Locum Agency – do I need to get a letter from Locum agency covering the year 2005 or it irrelevant as my last 5 years will be covered by current employer anyway?
2. I am also including in the application my wife and my son who is 21 years now. He came with us in 2005. He is studying now in one of the Universities in London. Do I need to supply any evidence that is studying and any evidence that we are supporting him? I could not find any requirement re this in application form but could you confirm and clarify, please.Many thanks,With best wishes,Dr Audrius Simaitis
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 10 months ago.


Thank you for your enquiry.

After 5 years of continuous residence in the UK as a qualified person, you will automatically acquire permanent residence. So all you need to provide evidence for is 5 years from 2005 but you must also include your worker registration scheme (WRS). If you didnt get WRS you can only count 5 years from 1st May 2011.