How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 780
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

I am a non eea family member of European citizen, October

Customer Question

i am a non eea family member of European citizen, October 2012 i was given a 5 year esidence card " eea family member" as an unmarried partner of eea national exercising
treaty right in the UK valid on till October 2017.
i lost my passport in august 2016 so i decided to apply for permanent residence card as i can proof 7 years of living together with my eea partner , November 2016 i applied for pr using eea4 application , June 6 2017 i was given another 5 years residence card instead of permanent residence card i applied for. when can i reapply for pr card and when can i naturalise.
waiting to hear from you
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 9 months ago.


If you used he correct form EEA (PR) and you provided evidence of your partner exercising treaty rights for 5 years then you should have been granted PR instead of another 5 years. You can apply for PR anytime you have the documents to prove your residence in the UK