How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 770
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

I am a Canadian living in the uk with permanent leave to

Customer Question

I am a Canad***** *****ving in the uk with permanent leave to remain. The stamp indicating my status was in my old passport which is now lost.New passport does not have stamp. I cannot travel abroad because I have no proof of my status. I have to visit canada as a relative is very ill. is there any way of quickly getting a document that confirms my status.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 9 months ago.

Unfortunately there is no quick fix here and you would have issues on your return. You would need to apply for a NTL to transfer an existing settlement visa from an old passport to a biometric residence permit and this can take up to 6 months