How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 770
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

We have a spouse visa and my husband has been in the UK for

Customer Question

We have a spouse visa and my husband has been in the UK for over a year we now have a baby that was born in the UK after he came, I have been getting child tax credit and child benefit will this affect his case when we apply for his visa extension??
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
By the way he came from Pakistan in 13 December 2015 and his extension is due in November 2018
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 9 months ago.

If your visa states no recourse to public funds, you should not receive public funds doing so may lead to a curtailment of your visa or a refusal under the general grounds for refusal. Under a spousal visa, you are prohibited from receiving public funds including child benefit

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Does this mean my husband will be refused and has to go back to Pakistan? We will not take any more child benefit from now how do we resolve this as I have taken child benefit for a year now
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 9 months ago.

You need to seek offline legal advice to assess your case on its merit. I cannot say for definite whether or your husband's application will be refused. All I can say is that there is a risk. This concludes my answers. Please rate.